In a time that requires performance at a high level, Barack Obama, the president of the United States, has demonstrated how right his voters were to trust in him to guide the most successful nation in the world.
I’m not a diplomat, but I have common sense, and upon observing its development throughout history, the [Read more]
Most Americans today would not deny that there are problems with the American democratic system. The June 2012 Gallup polls about Congress showed that 6 percent of the American public is “very confident” about Congress, and 7 percent is “relatively confident,” together a total of 13 percent; while polls taken [Read more]
The United States teaches us a lesson. Ms. Leonhart, director of the Drug Enforcement Administration, left her job because of the scandal with her agents in Colombia.
In a context marked by growing income inequality, political scientists are re-examining the fundamental issue of the impact of inequality on democracy. Their conclusions are both illuminating and worrying.
Yet as most Americans will tell you, you can’t spread human rights and democracy around the world without military aggression.
The restoration of diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba, which drew to a close yesterday in Havana after half a century of conflict, was anything but a happy ending for a large sector of the peaceful opposition.
It surprised the whole world that the presidents of the United States of America and communist Cuba agreed to reestablish diplomatic relations more than half a century after their rupture.
Internationally, the decision by the two Western countries has caused unprecedented expectation because the ideologies of the [Read more]
Abu Ghraib was not the exception, but the continuation.
The outcry of the Americans is loud and clear: It cannot go on like this in Washington. However, for the time being, very little will change there.
With a burning appeal to overcome the divisions in American society, a previously unknown politician from Chicago made a furor almost exactly a decade ago. The speech [Read more]
The free trade agreement with the U.S. is a no-win situation; Europe's hurdles must remain in place. Our employee-friendly culture is at stake. We need transparency and referendums.